Monday, March 25, 2013

'The Nation'


This is a response to the article that appeared on 22nd November 2011 in 'The Nation' by Mr. Sikander Shaheen.

The article had wrongly accused me of firstly being a defaulter of the Bank of Punjab (BoP) and secondly of fraudulently trying to get property auctioned. Both claims do not hold any credence. Firstly, I am not a bank loan defaulter and secondly I am not trying to get anybody's property dishonestly auctioned. The people identified in the article owe me money after the sale of pesticides (during 2003-2005) from my company. They purchased these products on credit against the guarantee of their own properties. As they didn't return the money they owed me, so I had every right to pursue them in the court of law. Hence, I filed a petition in the lower court for the rendition of accounts so that I can recover my dues and pay the bank from the auction of their pledged property in the banking court. The lower court did not allow the same so I moved against the decision of the lower court and the decree by lower court was suspended by the double bench of the Lahore High Court. A stay was also granted against the auction of my properties as I was not the defaulter.

I would like this to be highlighted that this is not an issue of corruption but a matter of business between two independent people. I also have my own personal property pledged with the same bank. These people owe me money and I don't owe them any penny and I went to court, not them. I fail to understand that how this is foul play. I cannot force them to pay and if they dont I have no choice but to go to the court of law so that their pledged properties are auctioned and payment made to the bank. They are defaulters not Ejaz Chaudhry.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will be visible after approval, Post Free Classified Ads at www.pkbazaar.com