Monday, March 25, 2013

From London to Minar-e-Pakistan


 
From London to Minar-e-Pakistan - By Ayesha Ahmed
 From London to Minar-e-Pakistan
Have you ever experienced the kind of anticipation that never lets you sleep and takes over your soul when perhaps the next day you have something important?  That was the feeling running through my veins in the middle of the night. Even though I knew the next day I have to catch a Flight back home my eyes were wide open. I was wide awake and I knew my sleep wasn’t coming back any time soon.
The excitement was obvious I was going back to Pakistan, for my holidays but hey, these weren’t just “any” holidays but this time it was huge; I was determined to be a part of the majestic great jalsa at Minar-e-Pakistan. I’ve travelled a lot of time from Pakistan to London and from London back to Pakistan but never have i experienced such an extraordinary feeling. I Looked at the time and it was 5am, time was at a halt, few hours still to reach the airport .I wouldn’t mind, if someone would drop me at the airport at this very moment .The eagerness of me being close to the plane, that would take me to Pakistan was enough.
Finally I boarded the Plane, the person sitting next to me was a man, age of my Abba (father) and to my surprise, he asked “Beta ap PTI ki supporter lagti Hein”. I looked at him with great surprise and heartfelt happiness and said “jee haan” but then again, How did he know that? Well it didn’t take much time to realize that I had put a sticker of PTI on my hand bag which i got at the historic 25th December Jalsa. That was respite for me or else I would’ve gone wacky thinking how they got to know the purpose of my journey. He then told me “you have secured your future” I knew what he exactly intended. In other words he was in accord that Imran Khan was the right choice for Pakistan to which I replied, Thank you.
This small conversation with a stranger made me apprehend that now Change was inevitable. The state of affairs in Pakistan have changed people's perspective. People now are hopeful for the change and a democratic state. Now is the accepted time, not tomorrow, not some more convenient season. It is today that our best work can be done and not some future day or future year. I had read a beautiful quote in the recent days and it fits to Pakistan enduring situation and the air of change we all are striving for. “Once you make the unequivocal internal commitment to do something when you absolutely know this is the time and the place to act, the world around you will shift in all sorts of apparently miraculous ways to make it happen.” And Imran Khan is the leader who is ready to take both personal and institutional risks. I had been thinking all way about “NAYA PAKISTAN” we have imagined, no other song than Strings “mein bhe dekhoo gaa” can portray the feelings we have for our country.
Anyhow the journey went somehow smoothly dreaming about Pakistan & Ofcourse Pakistan Tehreek e Insaf. The plane landed at Lahore airport where my parents were waiting for me. I ran to them and hugged them, God knows how much I had missed them. We sat in the car and onto the road and here comes the big part. I couldn’t believe my eyes because all I could see was Imran Khan all over the city. Hoardings, Banners, it was red and green everywhere. This was not the Lahore I left, the Change is here in my City and I am going to be a part of it. 23rd of March, it’s the day that matters, it’s the day when all of us take the oath of being part of the change in PAKISTAN ‘’our mother land" and there’s one man who can take us there “IMRAN KHAN”.
For now I am hopeful that May be someday I’d be sitting and telling this to my children or grandchildren, the very story of how we got Quaid-e-Azam’s Pakistan back. Together we can and together we will, make our Naya Pakistan. I hope we all witness the change and participate not only in the 23rd March Jalsa but the whole process and for that reason i have come to Pakistan to participate in the Jalsa, will you?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will be visible after approval, Post Free Classified Ads at www.pkbazaar.com